Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The numbers...

Well, I had a feeling...maybe because I peeked the other day...suffice to say, the number on the scale is not huge. But I honestly am not as bothered as I thought I would be because I can feel change. I feel better. I feel healthier and I want to keep going down this path. Who knows, maybe my body will kick in and lose more over this next month...once I start coming into balance, my body may cooperate a bit more and let go of those fat stores.

Weight: 192
Chest: 46
Waist: 38.5
Hips: 44.5
Thigh: 27.5
Calf: 16.5
Upper Arm: 14.25

I think these numbers reflect a small loss. It's a good thing, right? I mean, it's not a gain...if I average out my gains for the past 4 years...that would come out to about +.83 lb per month. It's times like this that Biggest Loser trips me up because contestants on that show lose more than 7 pounds in one week. And I know that the body can easily lose 7 pounds in "water" weight. But I am NOT going to let the numbers derail me.

Edited to add...

My coworker Lauri pointed out something that I hadn't thought of...I was saying how the BL contestants can lose 7 pounds (or more) in a week and she said that last night's episode showed how much the contestants lost in 30 days when they weren't on the ranch. It was a revelation! I mean, the final four contestants lost 7-10 pounds in 30 days. Soooo, wow! I actually did pretty good. (And if you are a BL fan, that's 3.52%).

Now I feel much better about my results! Thank you Lauri!

No comments: