Monday, January 4, 2010

My 1st Mile...

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"
~ Peter Maher, Canadian marathon runner

Yesterday I chose to be strong. I was nervous...I didn't think I could do it. But I really surprised myself. I did it and felt pretty strong! My time was between 13:00 and 13:15.

It was very cold but I warmed up fairly quickly. Honestly, the hardest part was getting off my street (1/10th of a mile). Once I turned that corner, I felt pretty good. And once I passed the 1/2 mile mark, I knew I could do it. I surprised myself and am really glad I took up the challenge!

Cathy met me at the finish and took photos...thought I'd share them with you:



2 comments:

Sydney said...

wow - that is awesome. Way to go, Kim.

Lori said...

That's so inspiring! Congrats!