Monday, February 21, 2011

365 days later...

This time last year I was feeling so stressed out and depressed and alone. People who I thought were my friends were actually plotting against me (re: they damn sure weren't being my friends). I was dealing with a lot of work stress and my dog, Hero, of 16 years was coming to the end of her life. My mother was very sick and would end up having her second heart surgery in 2 years. I felt fat and sluggish. I felt like I was stuck in a rut that I could not get out of, no matter how hard I tried.  My path had narrowed and I had to walk through the dark for a good long while.

I've only just come out of that place...

I'm starting to feel better...though I miss the baby girl, still.

I still feel quite stressed with work but not as much as I did last year. The challenges are still there but I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I am more grounded on my spiritual path...it is one in which I find delight and it supports me through the constant stress in my life.

I have found better friends.

I feel like I have finally walked out of the dark woods and am once again feeling the sun on my face.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I am happy for you, Kim... may the next 365 days be full of much more light. {{{*}}}

Re•Purpose Eclectic said...

Thank you, Andrea, for your unflagging good will and love...

Ashling said...

Happy anniversary...may the sunshibe continue to warm you and light your way...