Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Rainbow Bridge...

"From Celtic myth, the pot of gold at the rainbow's end represents a kind of Holy Grail - the lost vessel of spiritual renewal and fulfillment. Carl Jung referred to gold as the symbolic end product of inner alchemical transformation. Passage through the chakras is an alchemical process of increasing refinement that unites light and shadow, male and female, spirit and matter, all in the crucible of the body and psyche. The pot of gold is indeed the elusive philosopher's stone that lures us into the heroic journey of transformation."
~Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System as a Path to the Self

So it's a hero's journey, eh? Heh. I didn't think that was really the case when I started down this path. Oh, it's a difficult one, to be sure...but heroic?

This past week has been very interesting. Taking a week off to rest and do yoga instead of hopping on the treadmill every morning has really brought to light some of my shadows. It's so easy to get down on myself when I'm not going by the book. But, I've learned a lot. And I keep getting these messages that yoga is the right thing for me. Everywhere I look lately I've been seeing the word, Jivamukti.

Maybe I'll see if there's a Jivamukti teacher in my area. Or maybe I'll just practice on my own. I don't know yet.

I do know that I will get back on the treadmill tomorrow. I was thinking about this yesterday and realized that I do miss it and, I think, that if I take a half hour out for cardio and then another, at least, half hour out for yoga...maybe that is the balance I need for now?

I know this is a short post...just musing here....

Oh and as a fantastic validation for listening to what my body needs...at my weigh in this morning, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I lost a pound! Whoot! Another pound gone!!!

No comments: