Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Week: I will survive...

"Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake."
~Author Unknown

I am going into this week with a positive outlook. I don't want to use Thursday as an excuse to overeat. So I am planning but don't want to get obsessive.

I am on plan this week and back at the gym. I am going to do a bit of yoga this week as well. I won't be working out on Thursday as we are traveling for Thanksgiving day.

I am bringing a few side dishes to the dinner to be sure that I will have some healthy options. I'm bringing a brussel sprouts dish, plain baked sweet potatoes, and homemade cranberry sauce. I'm also going to make a really yummy low cal veggie dip and bring some fresh cut up veggies to go on the appetizer table so that I'm not tempted to pig out on the high cal apps. I'm planning to eat a good healthy breakfast to keep me from feeling starved by the time we get there.

I am taking a bottle of champagne and a chess pie! So my plan on both of these? Moderation. I don't want to feel like I can't have a couple glasses of sparkling wine and a small piece of pie. So, I'm planning to share the champagne and am just going to have a small sliver of my favorite pie. I'd be lying if I didn't say that these two things are kind of freaking me out. This is the hole that I always seem to fall in! But I know there must be a way around it. I should be able to enjoy both of these things without falling into that hole and getting stuck there.

Basically, I think it comes down to this...I don't want this week to become an excuse for falling off the wagon. I do want to pay attention to my body and give myself what I need. I want to get some rest, some exercise and eat good foods.

Hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: