Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm On My Way, Can't Stop Me Now...

"I look into the window of my mind
Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same..."
~ "Proud" by Heather Small

I weighed today and I've lost another 2 pounds!

I am so happy about that. And I am proud of that. For the past two weeks, through the Thanksgiving holidays and the following rough moon-time week, I've lost a total of 4 pounds. I was careful to eat healthy and to stick with my exercise plan. And I'm so pleased that I was able to care for myself that way.

And I am finally seeing the results in my clothes. My favorite jeans are now a bit too big. Some shirts that were kind of too tight are now fitting much better! I'm very excited to start seeing my clothes fit better. As the pounds lost start to add up, I'm more and more confident that I can reach my goal of losing 50 pounds.

Currently, I haven't even lost half of that but I'm getting there. I am hoping to have lost 25 pounds by the New Year. As of today, I've lost 19 pounds. Nineteen pounds. That is incredible to me. After 3-4 years of yo-yo-ing with 7 pounds...I've finally broken through.

I'm really feeling like I've made a lasting change. I've had a spiritual awakening...I've begun to look at food differently. I think about cake...cake that I have craved so much through the years...and it kind of grosses me out now...now that I know what's in it. If I'm going to eat something that high in calories, I really want it to be good...not just a bunch of corn derivitives like high fructose corn syrup and other crap.

This weekend is my long work-outs weekend and I'm looking forward to it. I've started ending those long workouts with a meditation in the sauna and steam room at my gym...and that feels like a real treat to me. AND, this weekend, I'm taking my first Yin Yoga class. I'm hoping that it is the kind of yoga practice I've been looking for. I'm feeling like I want to do some slow, gentle, meditative yoga that focuses on restorative poses. I'm hoping Yin Yoga will give me that.

And...you are hearing it here first...I'm going to start my circuit training on Monday at my home gym. The gym I go to is just not set up for circuit training...I can do it more easily at home. So I'm going to set up the home gym this weekend to be ready for my circuit training (4x a week). I am thinking I will do it in the mornings and then go to the gym in the evenings to do my cardio. This regimen will really up my exercise intensity and increase my metabolism like crazy. I'm going to give it a shot for the next few weeks to see how it goes and will report back here on my progress.

Until then...if you are dieting along with me or have just been following along with my blog, drop me a note and let me know how you are doing or what you'd like to read about on this blog.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

I am so happy for you!!! It is wonderful that you have broken through that yo-yo thing!!! Keep going, girl!!! I'm right there beside you - my own 50 lbs to lose and sweating my ass off on the way! :)

Love you!!
B