Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Action Helps

Yesterday, I worked all day and through the evening. Had a few things that had to be done and when I finally closed my laptop (around 9:30pm), I felt better about some things. I actually slept through the night.

It's a small thing but something for me to keep in mind. When I am feeling depressed and anxious, the best thing for me to do is to act.

There was a line from the movie Nemo that I loved..."Just keep swimming." To me it's always meant "hang in there"...but now it holds more meaning. Move. Act. Do something. Don't shut down.

3 comments:

Ashling said...

Great advice....

Tiffany said...

Sounds like things will be looking up, glad you were able to sleep. I know it's been a long time since we got together. Between being out of town and being sick the last month and a half I haven't been in tough with many people at all.

Let me know if you are still interested in some sessions, even swapping services this coming month( I could really use a massage :)) Hope all is well and I will talk to you soon.

Re•Purpose Eclectic said...

Tiffany!!! Whoo! So glad to hear from you...I was going to call you. Yes, let's make a plan. I am totally down with trading or just paying you. :D Whatever works. I've got time this weekend. Going to visit my Dad next weekend, but the weekend after that I'm open. Can do massage and/or yoga any time you want!

Hugs,
~Kim~