Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I wish Jillian lived next door...

I've been trying to motivate myself to workout in the mornings again. I don't know why I just won't do it. I thought, this morning, if Jillian Michaels was my neighbor, then we would probably be friends, and I could ask her for help with this issue. She is probably an early riser and would probably be more than happy to come over and say, "Get on that treadmill!" or, I imagine, she would call me at 6:00am and say, "Are you dressed? Then, get dressed and get on that treadmill because I'm going to call you back in 5 minutes and you better be out of breath!" :D

Jillian is awesome like that.

But, alas, she is not my neighbor or my friend so I'm just going to have to access my inner Jillian for awhile. I wrote, a week or so ago, about wanting to make exercise a regular part of my life. Trying to make a small change in that department...it's been a difficult one. Taking it one day at a time. The small change this morning, got up in time to sit and have coffee and check email and stuff before I work out. I have been trying to get up in time to just go work out but end up not sticking to it because I like my morning coffee time. So why fight it? Why not make the time to get up, have coffee, THEN workout??

Speaking of small changes...I did make one, over the weekend, that I'm rather proud of...I cut the sugar I put in my coffee, in half. I usually use 1 teaspoon of sugar per cup. On Sunday, I started using 1/2 teaspoon per cup and, honestly, I don't miss it. It's a small thing, I know but does save me 23-30 calories every morning. Small changes = big accomplishments.

This morning, I found this poster from the Love Your Body campaign from the NOW Foundation...wanted to share:

No comments: