Sunday, March 13, 2011

Resource Reviews

I am always on the lookout for great resources. On the one hand, I hate to be supportive of the "Diet Industry"...on the other, there are some really great resources out there and I've been helped by more than a few. I wanted to share them here. In the interest of full disclosure, I recieve no free products or have never been approached to do paid reviews for any products/websites/etc.

(However, if BMW would like for me to write a whole post about how fantastic their cars are and how they can make any woman feel like celebrity by just driving down the street...I'm happy to oblige!)

Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr, author of Crazy Sexy Cancer Survivor. Okay, I admit...I haven't bought this book and I have not read it. It looks great and I have read a few excerpts...I like Carr's voice and her attitude. I would buy this book but I read somewhere that she relies on soy for a lot of her recipes. She is also a big juicer. I am a fan of neither. :( I don't think that women should be eating a lot of soy. And I'd rather not drink my calories (in the form of juice)...I would rather have the fiber that comes with the whole food. Kris is vegan so this book is likely to appeal to a few! There was an excerpt of the book in this month's Natural Health if you'd like to check it out.



Jillian Michaels podcasts! Jillian Michaels is back...a year or more ago, Jillian had a radio show on KCFI every Sunday morning (for two years). I could download her podcasts onto my iPod and I used to listen to them on my walks around the neighborhood. When she stopped doing the radio show, her fans were devistated. Well, she got the message and brought it back...now it's just a podcast, I believe, but vintage Jillian! And guess what? Her podcasts are free! If you don't already have it, download iTunes (it's free) and then do a search at the iTunes store for Jillian Michaels podcasts...you'll find her.


Daily Challenge at Me You Health. This is a nifty little site. You can find all the support you need to make small changes in your life. And, essentially, this is what the whole site is all about. All of the small changes add up to a healthier you! I'm on...if you want to join me, shoot me an email and I'll send you an invite.


Walking/Running Shoes. If you are a walker or runner, proper shoes are a must. Seriously. You can really hurt yourself by not wearing the right shoes for your workout. Most towns have a special running store...you can go there and have them assess your foot/gait for free. You can do it yourself too. Just get a brown paper bag, lay it out flat outside of your shower/bathtub. Wet your feet and step onto the paper. Quickly, before it dries completely, take a photo or just look at your foot prints. You can assess them here. I have a normal arch...though I tend to pronate my right foot and supinate my left foot. You can also get a lot of information just by inspecting a pair or your well worn shoes. This Fitness Walking website is another good resource for figuring out what shoe is best for you.


Speaking of exercise...you may already know...I'm a huge fan of the Daily Mile website. This is such a great way to connect with folks who exercise in your area, find races/events in your area and track your workouts. If you want to join me there, just let me know and I'll send you an invite. The Daily Mile is FREE!

Hey, spring is coming! So excited to start moving some of my workouts outdoors! Hope you're having a great weekend!

2 comments:

Ashling said...

Great info--thanks!

Shoes for Diabetics said...

Diabetic people should take extra care to their feet, if you have nerve damage, known as neuropathy, you may not feel pain, so once you injure your feet, an infection can develop without warning there you should choose a shoe with extra protection for exercise.