Friday, May 27, 2011

Costa Rica, Yoga, 3-Day Weekend, and other random thoughts...

Wow...it feels like it's been a long time since I last posted. Wanted to catch up...

So I got back from Costa Rica on Monday night, just about midnight. Drove up the street in complete darkness. A storm had rolled through College Hill, leaving 100k people without power and a huge old tree downed on my street. I had to park at the top of the street and make my way down to my house. It was nerve wracking because I couldn't see anything and was worried about running into or stepping on a downed powerline. Fortunately, I had the little Four Seasons flashlight in my purse and was able to use it to light the way.

Costa Rica was fantastic. I love planning events like that. It was a lot of work but the Four Seasons staff makes it hard to screw it up. Though there were a couple of tiny hiccups, the event was close to flawless and, I think, everyone had a blast. That place is beautiful and I thought, many times, how I would love to take my partner (and my family!).

While I was in Costa Rica, I was able to take a couple of yoga classes. They were really good classes and made me more certain that I want to find a vinyasa flow class that is right for me.

On the subject of yoga...I finally hooked up with Yoga Tiffany again! At least, I set an appointment so I'll be seeing her on Sunday. I love yin yoga and Tiffany is such a great teacher. If you live in the Cincinnati area and would like a private yoga session, you should contact her. She's fantastic and so wonderful about working with you and your specific needs.

I am looking forward to this 3 day weekend. I am going to use it as an opportunity to reconnect with my health goals and my motivation. I have been progressing oh so slowly and have probably (with respect to the numbers on the scale) gone backwards a little. But all is good. I am growing more into my healthy lifestyle with each passing day. My commitment to reaching my goal of optimal health grows stronger...


Oh there's this one thing that I want to try for a month...started this week...it's dance as release. I'm not talking disco or bumpin' at da club...I mean dance of the Gabrielle Roth, Sweat Your Prayers type. If you haven't tried this before I would urge you to give it a shot. Just google her and read up about it...if it's something that peaks your curiosity, then give it a try and let me know what you think!

Hoping you have a wonderful, blessed, and peaceful weekend...

2 comments:

Ashling said...

You've been busy in the best ways. Hope it's given you fresh perspective, motivation, rest and a renewed spirit!

Re•Purpose Eclectic said...

Thanks so much Ashling! Your support means so much to me!

Hugs,
~Kim~