Friday, July 30, 2010

Week 7: 190.2 - 44.8 pounds to go

Ack. I gained. Bleh. This is so freaking tiresome.

But moving on...positive things: I survived two very, very stressful weeks. (I blame the stress hormone, cortisol, for the weight gain...I'm probably also retaining water...)

I have begun to work into my yoga practice on a more regular basis.

That's all I have today...it's been a really long week for me and I'm very tired. I've been working all day and night and not sleeping very well at all. I am hopeful that things will lighten up after the big meeting next week and that I will find some breathing room.

2 comments:

Ashling said...

Kim...I'm finding that it's really important to focus on the positive. I'd lost 17 lbs, then gained back a little...BUT the last month has been horribly stressful, and this week truly over the top here at work with an install that seems doomed (a two day install is now at 4 1/2 days and counting). While I gained a couple of pounds, unlike every other time I've been stressed, I skipped the little menage a trois with Ben & Jerry, and the nervous eating I did focused on healthier choices. YOU have stuck to your yoga, made some really smart choices and decisions, and are demonstrating to yourself that it's not JUST about the numbers; it's about you being healthier and happier...because that counts for a whole lot! These are important life changes, so keep your thoughts on what you're changing for the better, and give yourself alot of credit.

Re•Purpose Eclectic said...

Thank you so much Ashling! Can't tell you how much your comments have helped me lately! I really appreciate the feedback!

Hugs,
~Kim~