Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm Gonna Kick Fat's Ass...

The results are in from my 4 day jumpstart. Lost 4.6 pounds of bloat and 2 inches off my belly. Pretty much, all I drank was water and I stayed well hydrated.

Today kicks off the 28 day version.

I am starting the day feeling a bit tired. I woke up around 2:00am last night and tossed and turned for a good two hours before I fell back asleep until 6:00. So I am having coffee this morning! Oh coffee, I kinda didn't miss you. Surprisingly. I think I can be good with 2 cups (by the way, as was just pointed out by our last weekend guest, we use small coffee cups...like I can barely fit 1 cup of liquid in the cup and I generally don't fill it to the rim with hot coffee...I'm just not coordinated enough to walk from the kitchen to the living room with a full cup of piping hot coffee). Oh and trying a new non-dairy creamer...it's coconut milk. And I gotta say, yummy! I really like it! It's called So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer. I found it at Whole Foods. (I've had their ice cream before and it's really good too...).

So, anyhoodle.

I'm supposed to reflect upon the last 4 days and think about the following:
  • What were the hardest things for you to cope with?
  • What turned out to be not as bad as you had feared?
  • When did hunger rear its head?
  • Which mind tricks helped the most?
The hardest? Not having coffee in the mornings and drinking a glass or two of wine in the evenings.

What turned out not to be so bad? Not having coffee in the mornings and drinking a glass of wine in the evenings. I know I just said it was hard but the thing is, it turned out not to be so bad. Especially since I woke up and had a nice big glass of water instead and in the evenings I took a yoga class (which took the edge of the day off without the wine!). And, for full disclosure...as I mentioned in my previous post, I didn't take yoga last night. So when I got home, I asked Cathy if she wanted to go up to Marty's Hops & Vines for a glass of wine. So there's my clue by four! (another clue for me - the wine I had is probably what caused me to wake up in the middle of the night and feel so tired this morning).

When did hunger rear it's head? Usually I was good to go for breakfast and lunch. Usually around 3pm I started feeling hungry so it was a good thing I had a snack. And by dinner I was usually pretty hungry. Though going to a yoga class helped to temper that.

What mind tricks helped the most? I don't know if I used any mind tricks. Though a couple of times, in the evening, after dinner, I wanted something sweet...but thought, it's only a few days and I really want to see some results on the scale. I guess that would be reminding myself of my goal.

All in all...I felt really good for those 4 days. I especially felt good on Tuesday. I woke up feeling refreshed and not bloated. I felt energized and looked forward to the end of the day for the yoga class instead of the wine glass.

Looking forward to seeing how the next 28 days go!

2 comments:

Ashling said...

Wild applause & high fives--good for you! Me--simply couldn't & wouldn't give up my morning Dean's Beans, but I admire your determination. Your results were well-earned, and I'm rooting for you through your next phase!

Re•Purpose Eclectic said...

Thank you Ashling! I feel like I'm finally having a break thru! ;>