Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Importance of Clear Goal Setting

It's resolution time...as if you didn't know that. Television commercials and talk shows are all pushing the fact that we must make resolutions at this time of the year.

It's not that I'm anti-resolution, it's that I want to have a more structured goal than a wish that I hope comes true in the new year.

So...I've been trying to decide how this is going to work...I've decided to have some activity goals to aspire to. Mainly some running/walking goals.
A couple of tools that I have started using that you might want to try:
  • DailyMile (to track walking/running program - it's free and is the source of my Donut Meter)
  • FitDay (to track everything else - seriously, what a fantastic FREE program)
Other goals:
  • 1286 calories per day until I reach my goal weight
  • Yoga 3x per week
  • Switch out weekday morning coffee to unsweetened tea

No comments: