Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

As I said on Facebook, "Where are the jet packs and meal pills?" I have to agree with fellow blogger Ashling, "...2011 [does, indeed] sound so futuristic."

We don't have meal pills, we have diet pills. If they could make those little pills taste like a whole meal (re: Violet's demise, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory) I'll bet they'd make a fortune. Actually, they already are, Americans spend billions on the diet industry every year.

Alas, as we all know, there is no magic pill. For me, there is consistent action.

What I don't want to do is to fall into that kind of obsessive thinking that all the shows are pushing this morning (NEW YEAR! NEW YOU!).

The things I've been doing right lately:
  • Drinking more water
  • Getting on the treadmill
  • Taking my multi-vitamin daily
  • Getting a lot of sleep
  • Relaxing rather than stressing
I am hopeful that, in the new year, I will be able to make healthful changes in my life.

No comments: