Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Piece of Cake...

That's all it took to throw me off my game. Well, I think that, and being frustrated with my lack of progress.

We all have excuses why we fall off the wagon. It's Thanksgiving, it's Christmas, it's Easter, it's my birthday, it's my partner's birthday, it's an old friend's birthday...I'll start again on Monday.

For me, it was my partner's birthday. Actually, I did fairly well...considering the whole weekend. I ate healthy. But I did have a small piece of cake on Friday and again on Saturday. I think that was my undoing...and then on Sunday, I just didn't have time to fit my walk in. So I was feeling pretty bad about myself.

Yesterday, Monday, I tried to find my way out of that hole again. I intended to go for my walk as soon as I finished work...but....my excuse this time? My two bosses told me they wanted me to start attending customer-facing presentations beginning today. And I knew I had nothing professional to wear...only buisness casual. So, I didn't go for my walk after work, I went shopping.

By the time I got home it was late. So I made a big pot of homemade veggie soup. I thought that it would be good for me to have something healthy and quick for a few days. I have no problem eating the same thing for lunch and dinner for a couple of days. And this will give me some measure of control and make me feel like I'm doing something to reach my health goals.

I will be back to walking tonight. No matter what. Something I already knew but was reminded of on Sunday and Monday...putting myself first is not being selfish, it's being Self-filling. I need those walks and am putting them back at the top of my priority list. Only two weeks of training left before the half-marathon.

I want to be able to do this without a huge struggle. I am nervous because I know that it's going to be hard. I'm going to have to just keep putting one foot in front of the other...I know I can do it. I've done it before.

I just need to hang on to my determination.

No comments: