Tuesday, April 7, 2009

When Pigs Fly...

I have commited to walking the Flying Pig Half Marathon on May 3rd.

Some people think I have lost my mind because I have barely moved off the sofa for months. They wonder how in the world I'll be able to walk 13 miles after 30 days of training.

I've got a few things on my side. I am basically healthy...you know, aside from being fat. ;>

The only thing really wrong with me is that I have a very mild case of asthma.

And, I know from past experience, my body responds really well to exercise. Though I'm off to a slow start, I'll be up to 3 miles daily next week.

It is important to me to do this because I think it will jump start my commitment to exercise. I know that I need to move my body everyday if I want to be my healthiest.

Until I hit 40, I always had a job where I spent most of the day on my feet. Once I turned 40, I started working in an industry where I sit all day. I think this is part of the reason why I've gained 40 pounds in the past 4 years.

This week I'm just getting started. I'm walking around my beautiful neighborhood with my dog, Riley. I'm keeping in mind that I have the time to exercise. I have the time everyday to do at least 30 minutes of exercise. I can do this. I know I can.

No comments: