Saturday, January 29, 2011

Stress hurts

I had a revelation this week...stress hurts. I mean that it physically manifests as feeling tired/exhausted...sometimes I can barely keep my eyes open. I also tend to get headachy and my joints feel inflamed. It's no wonder I am quick to put off exercise and turn to self-medicating with comfort foods or a glass of wine after work.

I have always known that I had issues with anxiety and stress but never realized how symptoms manifested.

What to do? I guess it's just a matter of pushing through and continuing to eat healthy and get in my exercise. And can I just say, exercise, lately has been a confidence boost...when in other areas of my life I'm feeling A bit under-confident.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So very true! And it's so easy to have Mac n cheese or a glass of red wine rather than stretch out those tensions and then redirect that stressful energy into something affirming rather than destructive. Seeing it is the first step, though!

Bobbi said...

Yes! Exactly what Rebecca said!!!
xoxoxo to you both!