Monday, April 11, 2011

10%!!!

Hit the 10% lost mark today...that means, I've lost 20 pounds since January.

I feel so much better. I feel stronger and more energetic. And I feel lighter, emotionally.

Is my life perfect now? Hardly. Will it be when I lose the remaining 30 pounds? Doubtful. But I expect that I will feel even better! I expect to feel strong. I expect to go through a vinyasa flow class without thinking "Damnit! I hate this! I just want to lay on the floor!" I expect to sleep soundly at night and wake up with energy to get me through the day.

I am thrilled with the results of my effort. I know it's just a number on the scale. I know it's not an accurate measure of health. It's just a marker. But I don't care...for today I am going to celebrate this milestone! Goodbye 180s! Hello 170s...see you next week!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

You just celebrate away, dear one! It *is* a big deal. No, not the numbers... the big deal is the fact that you are taking the time to care for yourself, to focus on your health and wellbeing. As women (generally speaking), it is so easy for us to put everyone else first. To put our needs aside, to make sure that everyone else has their needs met. So anytime a woman says, "Hey, I'm important, too!", I applaud her. :)

I'm here, cheering you on, and being inspired by you. Much love!

Ashling said...

Fantastic that you get to see what you already know...that your health goals are doable, and that you have the will & determination to make 'em happen. Wild applause & high fives!!!