Friday, April 1, 2011

5 Weeks to Flying Pig!

I don't know what happened after my last post. One day I was in my zone and the very next, I fell off the wagon. Actually, I was still on but just kind of hanging off the side. It's not like I ran out and bought a cake and ate the whole thing. I just stopped working out.

Though, last night I had a couple glasses of red wine and cheese and bread for dinner. It was moderate. I made conscious decisions to not make a huge plate of cheese and bread and olives and toasted macademia nuts (and some sliced dates)...

What's been my go to excuse for more than a week? I'm tired. I don't feel good. I had a long day at work. (All true but wouldn't I feel better after a workout? Almost always!).

So let me take some responsibility here...or accountability. I knew what I was doing...I was sabotaging myself. Why? Maybe I was feeling like I needed a little extra "love"...somehow, someway, I have been feeling super insecure and unworthy...which, I think, makes me want to be treated with love. At the risk of sounding like a selfish brat, what I mean is, that sometimes or during those high insecure times, I need to be petted and cooed at. I guess. Sometimes I feel like I spend most of my life making sure that everyone else is okay...is happy...not hurt, not needing. During those times, the well starts to run pretty dry, which means I need that kind of attention too.

So when I'm feeling insecure, I turn to my old ways of comforting myself...food, wine, crawling in a hole and pulling the blanket over me (aka: not moving/not exercising).

Does any of this make sense?

Honestly, I probably need to write more but it's 7:03am and if I don't get on the treadmill right now, I won't do it at all today. :)

1 comment:

Ashling said...

Wondering if there's some connection between this week's successes at work and the bumpy wagon ride....
You are worthy and deserving of success in EVERY part of your life. I know you 'know' that, so just work on FEELING it, too.